The terms and conditions set forth below together with any written information we brought to your attention constitute the entire understanding and agreement between you and us READVENTURED d.o.o., Storžiška ulica 4, 4000 Kranj, Slovenia, reg. #: 8834989000. We highly recommend that you read and understand the terms and conditions and all the details set out on the web page relating to your tour prior to booking you an e-mtb tour to ensure that you understand the itinerary, style, and complexity of the e-mtb tour you are undertaking.
By submitting a booking form online, the first-named person on the booking agrees on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking that:
- they have read these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them;
- they are over 18 years of age and
- they have made all the other participants listed in the booking aware of these terms and conditions and that all participants agree to be bound by them.
For the majority of our tours, the minimum age is 18 years. In exceptional circumstances and family trips, we may allow children accompanied by a responsible adult, to join one of our tours. This decision will be at the discretion of us.
For the majority of our tours, we have no upper age limit though we remind you that our tours can be physically demanding and we dissuade joining our demanding tours for all participants aged 75 years and over.
The laws of Slovenia govern these terms and conditions to the fullest extent allowable. Any disputes in connection with a tour or these booking/renting conditions must be initiated in the courts of Slovenia and both parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Slovenian courts.
2. RESERVATION PROCESS AND PRICES
All prices are in EUROS (EUR).
Your on-line registration and payment according to the payment conditions reserves you a place on the tour. The number of persons on the tour is limited, so reservations are made by order of entry in the online registration form and payment.
We reserve the right to return your deposit and decline to issue a confirmation at our absolute discretion.
We reserve the right to amend the price of unsold e-mtb tours at any time and correct errors in the prices of confirmed e-mtb tours. Prices quoted are based on “twin shared” accommodation, and may be subject to change without notice. A supplement may be charged for single room occupancy, as detailed in the tour information on our website.
3. BOOKING, PAYMENT CONDITIONS AND CANCELLATIONS BY YOU
We accept payments with credit card or wire transfer. In case you decide to pay by wire transfer you will first receive an e-mail with all the necessary payment instructions for further steps. In order to secure your place in the e-mtb tour you have to pay the required tour price/deposit in 2 days.
The required deposits and conditions are as follows:
|Tour length||Required deposit||Total payment||In case of cancellation||Cancellation fees|
|ONE DAY TOURS||100% total amount||1 day before the tour starts||≥ 30 days before the start||10% of the total amount|
|29-14 days before the start||50% of the total amount|
|less than 14 days before the start||100 % loss of the payment|
|MULTIDAY TOURS||35% of the total amount||30 days before the tour starts||≥ 30 days before the start||35% of the total amount|
|29-14 days before the start||50% of the total amount|
|less than 14 days before the start||100 % loss of the payment|
Acceptance of your booking will be confirmed by us in writing. A booking is not confirmed until we have received full payment/deposit for the selected e-mtb tour and you have received a final confirmation from us. A binding contract will come into existence between you and us as soon as we have issued you with a booking confirmation that will confirm the details of your booking and will be sent to you.
If you or any other member of your team decides to cancel your confirmed booking you must notify us in writing. We strongly advise you to purchase trip cancellation and interruption insurance at the time of booking which will cover cancellation fees.
If you leave, or have to be removed from a trip for any reason after it has commenced we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services. There are no exceptions to this cancellation policy, including for reasons related to weather, terrorism, civil strife, family or medical emergencies, or any other circumstances beyond our control.
If any member of your party is prevented from travelling, that person(s) may transfer their place to someone else (introduced by you and satisfying all the conditions applicable to the arrangements) providing we are notified not less than 5 days before departure and you pay an amendment fee of 50,00 EUR per person transferring, meet all costs and charges incurred by us and/or incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers and the transferee agrees to these booking conditions and all other terms of the contract between us. If you are unable to find a replacement, cancellation charges as set out will apply in order to cover our estimated costs. Otherwise, no refunds will be given for passengers not travelling or for unused services.
A detailed kit list, and information on travelling to the meeting point will be sent to you upon receipt of your deposit/full payment. Meeting instructions and final trip arrangements will be sent to you fourteen days prior to your multiday tour start date or two days prior to your daily tour start date.
4. CANCELLATIONS BY US
To guarantee a departure for pre-scheduled dates (guided or self-guided tours) we normally require at least 3 participants for a one-day tour and at least 4 participants for a multiday tour. In case of fewer participants we will offer a self-guided tour at modified price depending on the number of participants. If participants do not agree to take a self-guided tour, we will refund their deposits and payments in full, which will constitute the full settlement. We are not liable for any additional costs or losses incurred by the participant due to the cancellation of the guided tour due to lack of participants.
We can cancel the multiday tour up to 5 days before starting date in case of an insufficient number of participants. In this case, the participant will be immediately notified and your payments will be fully refunded, which constitutes full settlement.
If we cancel the tour before it commences, all participants will be reimbursed the full amount that they have paid so far. In case of our cancellation during the e-mtb tour, it is in our discretion to decide what amount of payment will be returned to the participants of the cancelled tour.
We reserve the right to cancel or stop an e-mtb tour if, for any reason, the safety or comfort of the participants are not guaranteed on the tour route, including Force Majeure such as riots, floods, earthquakes, epidemic, quarantine, terrorist activities, insurrection, explosion, tempest, forceful wind, labour strikes, requisition, sickness, fire or accident, war or threat of war, sabotage, government intervention, weather conditions, avalanches, and other unforeseen circumstances. We strongly recommend taking out travel insurance that covers the costs of a possible cancellation of the tour. We will not be deemed in breach of this agreement or otherwise liable to you, by reason of delay in performance or non-performance of any of its obligations under this agreement to the extent that any such delay or non-performance is a duty to any Force Majeure.
5. E-MTB AND EQUIPMENT USE
Usage of e-mtbs and needed equipment such as children trailers, follow me tandems, children seats, extra batteries, chargers, front and rear lights, and GPS navigation, etc. by participants of the e-mtb tours is included in the listed price. Owners of the e-mtbs and equipment is READVENTURED d.o.o., Storžiška ulica 4, 4000 Kranj, Slovenia, that is why all the participants are legally bound with the following terms and conditions regarding the usage of the e-mtbs and equipment:
- the e-mtbs and equipment are limited to travel only in the scope and course of the tour. The use of the e-mtbs and equipment outside the described route or private use on rest days and/or at the end of the daily stages are not included and will not be permitted. Participants are responsible for their actions while using e-mtbs and equipment and for any incident, which causes damage or injury to a third party where the participant has been personally negligent, you remain liable for any damage to, or theft of the e-mtbs and equipment.
- During the tour, we are not obliged to replace an e-mtb or equipment damaged by a fall or accident. Moreover, we are not obliged to replace the e-mtb or equipment, if a participant is not capable or is not in the condition to ride e-mtb effectively; if a participant is not meeting the tour schedule; if the battery is empty because the participant has not charged it and if an accident prevents further travel. Nevertheless, we always do our best to replace or repair damaged parts of e-mtb or equipment directly on the tour. Every assistance is charged at least 50,00 EUR.
- Participants receive flawless and functioning e-mtbs and the equipment needed, that is why you have to return e-mtbs and equipment in the same conditions. It is the responsibility of the participant to check the e-mtb and equipment before setting out on a tour.
- Participants are asked to swipe a credit card in the amount of 500,00 EUR at the time of booking of the tour for each e-mtb used in the tour.
- If any piece of equipment is not included in the listed price of the tour, participants are asked to swipe a credit card in the amount of 50,00 EUR at the time of booking of the tour for each piece of equipment used in the tour.
- We, our employees, our suppliers, or our subcontractors are authorized to inspect the returned e-mtbs and used equipment after the tour. In case e-mtbs and equipment are in the same condition as before the tour, we release charged credit cards.
- The participant who uses an e-mtb or equipment authorizes us to charge the credit card submitted for all discovered damages or other costs on the e-mtbs or equipment that occurred during the tour.
- In case of insufficient initial credit card charge, the participant who uses e-mtb and equipment is responsible for reimbursing us with the full amount of damages or costs.
- In case of theft of an e-mtb or equipment participant who uses them is responsible for reimbursing us with the amount of the original price of the e-mtb or equipment.
- Personal and group safety is our priority. The use of the e-mtb or equipment in a reckless manner and disregarding the rules of transit or of the tour will not be tolerated and will lead to an immediate suspension of the participant, with the e-mtb confiscated.
- All participants are expected to be able to cycle safely on public roads and be able to follow state rules for cyclists.
- E-mtbs are equipped with GPS trackers, which cannot be removed or tampered with. Each participant is aware that GPS trackers are built into the e-mtbs and explicitly agrees that the bike location information can be used as an aid in remote navigation by us or for e-mtb search purposes. They also agree that in the event of any misuse of the e-mtb by the participant, information on the location of the bicycle is provided to the competent law enforcement authorities (police, prosecutor’s office, court).
- Before and during the tour, instructions will be provided about the use of the e-mtb and the equipment, including the particularities of the electric assist technology, battery charging etc.
- Before the tour, e-mtbs and taken equipment are inspected and recorded in the minutes signed by both parties.
- Before the start of a tour, the participant and the guide inspect the bike and additional equipment (possible damage and faultless operation). The customer is obliged to notify the guide of any damage or malfunction of the bike or equipment immediately, but not later than after the start of use. A brief record shall be drawn up of such communication with the participant. Otherwise, the participant is deemed to have taken over the faultless bike and equipment without damage. The start of use of the bicycle and equipment by the participant means that a handover report has been concluded between the participant and the owner of the bicycles and equipment, with the content that the bicycle and accessories are undamaged and work flawlessly.
- E-mtbs are used with battery charger on multiday rentals and with one spare battery per e-mtb if needed. It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure that they understand the limitations of the e-mtb, range display, and travel within the relevant range.
- Participants under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Helmets are not included in the listed price of the e-mtb tour. We require the use of helmets by adults and children. In case the participant does not have his / her own helmet, he/she can borrow it from us for an additional fee.
- Participants agree to return the e-mtb and equipment in clean, undamaged condition to avoid any additional charges for the repair, maintenance, or replacement. The undamaged condition means normal wear and tear is accepted but does not include broken spokes, rims, bent rims, damaged frames, handlebars, seats, or other parts from misuse and crashes. Damaged parts or components will be replaced/rapaired by us or our service workshop and participants agree to pay regular shop rates and retail prices for components replaced.
- E-mtb should be returned clean of mud and debris – normal road grime is accepted.
- E-mtb and equipment should be returned until the agreed time in the tour schedule. In case of delay in return, participants will be charged 20,00 EUR for each started hour of delay.
6. INCLUSIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
The following is included in the listed price of the booked e-mtb tour: all accommodation with breakfasts and dinners in the program, full-suspension electric mountain bike, and additional equipment when needed such as children trailers, follow me tandems, batteries, chargers, front and rear lights, and GPS navigation.
You accept that you are responsible for the condition and maintenance of the bikes and any other equipment you receive from us.
The following is not included in the listed price of the booked e-mtb tour: helmets, bike trunks, and bags, backpacks, transportation costs (unless otherwise specified or agreed), beverages, lunches (unless otherwise specified or agreed), other meals, and personal expenses of any kind.
7. TRAVEL INSURANCE
Travel insurance is compulsory for all participants and should be taken out at the time of booking. Your travel insurance must provide cover against personal accident, death, medical expenses and emergency repatriation. We also strongly recommend that it covers cancellation, curtailment, personal liability, and loss of luggage and other personal belongings. You must provide proof of your travel insurance at the first meeting point of your tour; you will not be able to join the e-mtb tour without it. If you choose to travel without adequate insurance cover, we will not be liable for any losses howsoever arising, in respect of which insurance cover would otherwise have been available.
8. RULES DURING THE TOUR
Our guided group tours are run by our guides. The decision of the guide is final on all matters likely to affect the safety or well-being of any person participating in the tour. If you fail to comply with a decision made by a guide or interfere with the well-being of the group, the guide may order you to leave the tour immediately, with no right to refund. In such a circumstance, where a participant is removed from the tour, we accept no responsibility for their transfer back to the tour endpoint or any costs incurred therein. Any transport arranged for the participant in question will be at the sole discretion of us.
On some sections of the tour, cycling might be prohibited or dangerous, that is why in the description of the route on a self-guided tour, it is marked with the word “walk” or is so instructed by the guide. In such a case, the participants are obliged to follow the instructions, otherwise any of our liability for damages that occur to participants, their belongings or e-mtb is excluded.
All our participants are expected to conduct themselves in an orderly and acceptable manner and not to disrupt the enjoyment of other participants. If in our opinion or in the opinion of your tour guide, any hotel manager, or any other person in authority, your behaviour or that of any member of your team is causing or is likely to cause distress, danger, or annoyance to any of our other participants or any third party or damage to property, or to cause a delay or diversion to the tour or other transportation, we reserve the right to terminate your booking arrangements with us immediately. In the event of such termination, our liability to you and/or your party will cease and you and/or your party will be required to leave the tour immediately. We will have no further obligations to you and/or your party. No refunds for lost accommodation or any other service will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the termination. You and/or your party may also be required to pay for loss and/or damage caused by your actions and we will hold you and each member of your party jointly and individually liable for any damage or losses caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or losses must be paid directly to the hotel manager or other supplier prior to departure from the hotel. If you fail to make payment, you will be responsible for meeting any claims (including legal costs) subsequently made against us as a result of your actions together with all costs we incur in pursuing any claim against you.
We cannot be held responsible for the actions or behaviour of other guests or individuals who have no connection with your booking arrangements or with us.
9. FLEXIBILITY ON THE TOUR
You appreciate and acknowledge that the nature of this type of travel requires considerable flexibility and you should allow for alternatives. The itinerary provided for each tour is representative of the types of activities contemplated, but it is understood that the route, schedules, itineraries, amenities, and mode of transport may be subject to alteration without prior notice due to local circumstances or events.
It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements, but we do plan the arrangements many months in advance. Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Most of these changes will be minor and we will advise you or your travel agent of them at the earliest possible date. We also reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements.
10. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
You are responsible for ensuring that all necessary travel documents are valid and effective and in your possession for the entire tour. Passports are required for travelling abroad and should be valid for at least six months after your date of return. Other required documents may include visas, permits, a credit card and vaccination certificates. You assume complete responsibility for checking and verifying any and all passport, visa, vaccination, or other entry requirements. You are also solely responsible for any adverse consequences resulting from incomplete or defective documentation. While we may provide information or advice on matters such as visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, and special equipment in good faith as a courtesy to you, we are not responsible for any errors or omissions as to the information provided. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel, or incur any other loss because you have not complied with any passport, visa, immigration requirements, or health formalities. You agree to reimburse us in relation to any fines or other losses which we incur as a result of your failure to comply with any passport, visa, immigration requirements, or health formalities.
You agree that we may use, re-use, and reproduce any images, photos, or videos that you send to us, or that are taken by our guides and/or other Participants of you individually or in a group, in any medium, including but not limited to print, electronic media, or internet, free of charge and without your right to inspection, for promoting and publicizing our travel products and services worldwide. If you do not want us to use any images of you that are taken by us or other participants during the tour, you must inform us or your tour leader in writing before or at the start of the tour.
Any personal information that we collect about you may be used for any purpose associated with the operation of a tour or to send you marketing material in relation to our events and special offers. Any marketing material will be delivered via email and will include options to unsubscribe at any time.
Necessary information may be disclosed to our agents, service providers, or other suppliers to enable us to operate the tour.
12. STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY
E-mtb tours are adventurous and are an activity with high risk and danger. You also acknowledge and clearly understand that during the course of the tour certain risks and dangers may occur, including but not limited to the hazards of travelling in mountainous regions, and that by the very nature of the activities you are exposed to an element of personal risk over and above those associated with conventional holidays. You agree to assume all risks associated with the e-mtb tour and agree that no liability will attach to us, our owners, employees, and agents in respect of death, personal injury, illness, or delay of the participant, or for any loss of or damage to the property, your family, heirs or assignees of the participant, including to your bike or other cycling equipment, during the course of the tour.
You must be adequately fit to cover the distances and of adequate proficiency to undertake the program set out in your itinerary. You therefore accept and consent to the risks inherent in the implementation of this contract and accept as reasonable the limitations of our responsibility as set out in these terms and conditions. If it is felt that any participant is not sufficiently fit, healthy, properly equipped, or able to complete the tour without affecting its safety, comfort, or happy progress, the tour leader at any stage has the right to remove you from the tour without any further obligation.
13. YOUR DETAILS
In order for us to confirm your e-mtb tour, you must provide all requested details with the balance of the tour price. Necessary details include full name as per passport, date of birth, nationality, passport number, passport issue, and expiry date, height and weight (needed because of the allocation of e-mtb and equipment) of all the participants, and any pre-existing medical conditions you have which may affect your ability to complete your travel arrangements. Your booking cannot be confirmed without the provision of these details.
14. COMPLAINT PROCEDURE
If you have a complaint during your tour, you must promptly notify us or your tour leader of the problem so that they can attempt to remedy the situation. Failure to do so while you are on tour will extinguish your ability to claim compensation from us. Further, if you attempt to address the problem on your own without using this notice procedure, you assume responsibility for added costs you may incur and forfeit any potential refunds.
If you are not satisfied after using this notice procedure, you must submit your complaint in writing to us within 2 days of the tour’s end date.
In the event that any term or condition contained in these terms and conditions is unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason than such term or condition shall be deemed to be severed from this contract or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining terms and conditions to survive and continue as binding.
16. VALIDITY AND LANGUAGE
Please note that dates, itineraries, and prices are indicative only and you must contact us for the up-to-date price of the arrangements you are seeking to book.
Although we have made a concerted attempt to verify the accuracy of statements made in our trip documentation including a brochure, website, and a trip brochure we cannot be held responsible for any error, omission, or unintentional misrepresentation that may occur and we reserve the right to correct prices and other details in such circumstances. You must check the current price and all other details relating to the arrangements that you wish to book before your booking is confirmed.
We provide tour guiding, materials, and briefing in English and Slovenian. The use of other languages is not guaranteed.